Tuesday 28 March 2017

It's Hard to Beat For Sure - Travel Photographers in The New Forest

A lunch date with a business colleague took me to a place rarely visited and right on my doorstep.

I arrived early so that I could take some time out to read.  Always find it so difficult to do at home as so many distractions.

However ....

I was rather distracted before going in.


It seems someone else would rather like to visit!


Oi, just a minute.  Go back, you're not allowed and that's far too close for comfort. 😓


What's more I need to take a photo of this beautiful hotel in the New Forest before I go in and you are in my way.

Bad hair day...

I think you need to get your hair done before having a photo taken.

The Balmer Lawn Hotel

Imposing building on the way in to Brockenhurst and extremely welcoming.  This is where I had been invited to lunch with my colleague.


Enchanting ..

Look at this pretty tree to welcome you just before you go in.  I remember seeing one of these before at The Mill, Gordleton.  I think they still have it... it was called The Enchanted Tree

Ok, still early, so just a bit of time to get settled with my book before my friend arrives.

My camera always goes away when inside unless I'm on a professional shoot.  

Rhubarb and other things

Our lunch was delicious.  We both had steak and fat chips :)  Cooked to perfection for both of us.  Even though we were full the dessert menu was just too tempting! 

Oops had to take the phone out for this picture on instagram. Rhubarb Mille Feuille with ginger ice cream for me and a banana and peanut butter bread and butter pudding for my colleague.  

Finished with a coffee.  More than replete I think I can say!

Thank you to my friend and business colleague and Balmer Lawn for an excellent lunch date.

We will definitely be back, although it may be we'll be there shooting a wedding before I get back for lunch again!  Either way, we love your venue.

Yes, right on our doorstep, The New Forest is hard to beat that's for sure.

Would you like to feature on our blog?  

No comments:

Post a Comment